Tools & Publications
Contained within this section is a range of useful tools to help you advise your patients on healthy hydration.
The tools include:
- A new key Scientific Publications section – a repository of useful articles on topics relating to healthy hydration, each hyperlinked to PubMed (where applicable).
- An educational slide kit for healthcare professionals (for personal reference, in order to raise patients’ awareness of the evidence linking excessive sugar-sweetened beverage consumption and modern health problems such as overweight and obesity. You may also wish to use these materials to advise your patients directly or for other educational purposes, such as preparing your own presentations or lectures)
- A hydration chart based on urine colour to help adult patients check their hydration status
- Patient education materials. These are advice aids to help healthcare professionals highlight the importance of healthy hydration to patients.
- A link to an online hydration calculator for the general public to assess:
- Indicative liquid intake requirements based on individual personal profiles
- Daily liquid calorie intake based on declared daily beverage consumption.
- Thirsty Pete iPhone app –an engaging soft learning tool and an innovative solution to promote patient awareness of healthy hydration and behavioural change being piloted in the UK. Users care for Thirsty Pete, the friendly water droplet living in their iPhone by answering quiz questions correctly. Suitable for patients of all ages, particularly teens.